Helping people with a history of trauma build their confidence and learn to trust others.
When you’ve been through trauma, whether it was one traumatic experience, or a history of chronic trauma, it’s likely that you find it hard to cope.
Most people who start therapy for trauma feel stuck repeating the same painful patterns over and over again. You may be able to relate. Perhaps you feel like you want to escape your life or you know you’d be happier if you made some changes, but it feels safer and more comfortable to stay the same.
Stuck in these patterns and feeling out of control of your emotions, you may feel like life is really difficult to deal with. Your mood may quickly change from anxious to angry, and then to withdrawn or depressed. It’s common to struggle in your relationships, and to wonder why you have the same kinds of difficulties in every relationship you have.
Do You Feel Moody, Lost, or Overwhelmed?
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- You feel like you lack motivation to do anything.
- You feel lonely, even when you are with others.
- You feel like you’re living at a frenzied pace leaving you frazzled and stressed.
- You struggle to connect with other people, often worrying about what will happen if you take the risk of opening up to another person.
- You fight all the time with your partner.
- You often feel emotionally numb, or empty inside, like it’s hard to know who you truly are.
If these sound true for you, you are not alone. Also, we want you to know that many of our clients have shared with us that it was difficult for them to come in. However, getting the help you need is a sign of strength and will help you manage the feelings and struggles that come up in your life.
Contrary to what you might think, it’s not selfish to prioritize caring for yourself. You don’t have to always prioritize work or what your family’s needs over your own wants or needs.
Trauma Therapy Can Help You Get Your Life Back
It’s possible to feel better. Imagine a life where you could…
> Have an improved attitude, mood, and productivity.
> Shift into a more positive and hopeful outlook on life.
> Create a more meaningful life based on who you are and what you desire.
> Stop letting anxiety or depression impact the way you live or make decisions.
> Get to the root problems and solve those instead of using band-aids.
Step Back And Focus On Healing
Getting counseling for trauma helps you rise above your challenges and start moving towards your ideal life with less suffering and more fulfillment.
You will get a fresh perspective and the practical tools you need to feel safer in your relationships and discover the root of your problems. This will help you find your way through difficult feelings and situations.
Even if you are not usually comfortable opening up to people, therapy may be able to help. We’ve helped many people work through traumatic experiences and gain a sense of control over their life.
How Trauma Therapy Works
Trauma therapy consists of 50-minute, one-on-one sessions that help you work through your concerns. In addition to listening, we will ask questions, guide you toward solutions, and motivate you with ideas. We play an active role in therapy and won’t just sit there and stare at you, waiting for you to talk. Here’s how it will work step-by-step:
- First, we provide a safe, non-judgmental space so that you will feel comfortable sharing your struggles with your therapist.
- Through hearing your story, we will start to get a picture of what your challenges are.
- We will start with helping you with immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and challenging life situations.
- We will also work to discover what your goals are in therapy and in life.
- Keeping your unique goals in mind, we’ll figure out what’s needed to help you reach them.
- Over the course of our sessions, you will start making progress towards the life you desire.
Research shows that therapy can positively change your thinking, beliefs, emotions, and behaviors. It can help you let go of what’s holding you back.
Ready to start feeling better?
If you feel stuck repeating the same painful patterns, therapy for trauma could help.
Start now and build your confidence and ability to trust others.
Let’s Get Started Today
Schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation.
During the consultation, you can share what’s going on and we can explore how we can help.
If you are ready to schedule a first appointment: BOOK ONLINE
Otherwise call 404-793-3930 or fill out the contact form and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.